Aruba

Aruba
aloe factory
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world: indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall--confucius

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." anon

A man is but the product of his thoughts--what he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi


I am only one, but still I am one.
I cannot do everything,
but still I can do something;
and because I cannot do everything,
I will not refuse to do something that I can do. edward everett hale
Doom to you who legislate evil, who make laws that make victims -- laws that make misery for the poor, that rob my destitute people of dignity, exploiting defenseless widows, taking advantage of homeless children. What will you have to say on Judgment Day, when Doomsday arrives out of the blue? Who will you get to help you? What good will your money do you? (Isaiah 10:1-3, The Message)

There is nothing in the world more beautiful than the forest clothed to its very hollows in snow. It is the still ecstasy of nature, wherein every spray, every blade of grass, every spire of reed, every intricacy of twig, is clad w/radiance. william sharp

I think no matter how old or infirm I may become, I will always plant a large garden in the spring. Who can resist the feelings of hope and joy that one gets from participating in nature's rebirth? edward giobbi

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. marcel proust

I am only one, but still I am one.I cannot do everything,but still I can do something;and because I cannot do everything,I will not refuse to do something that I can do. edward everett hale




Saturday, February 6, 2010

utilities

can you figure out your bill? since i pay for an empty, unsold home that does have utilities on (if not then burton can come in and tag it i assume as uninhabitable and then all sorts of other problems exist--again government at its best and not "MY" government since i can pay taxes but a vote in burton? come on)

anyway for 31 days in a home kept at 50 degrees unless i'm there, water barely used nor toilet often flushed (well water, but since the county upped charges for sewers based on supposed water use the price went from about 60 to 90 dollars/quarter)

electric power supply charges = 23.31
power supply recovery = -.17
electric delivery = 2.50
system acces charge = 6.00
electric districution charge = 8.99
regulatory asset recovery = 1.48
energy optimization surcharge = .47
securitization charge = .44
securitization tax charge = .21
palisades plant sale credit 3 = -1.52
TOTAL = 41.71 for 328 KWH

Should you own consumers stock? Think again. We bought $500 worth a few years ago and it's worth $363 now. Dividends go back to buy more. How smart we were to give them money. Stock has NEVER passed the $500. CORPORATIONS RULE! Good for them. I'm sure Consumers Energy is doing fine; are stockholders? What a scheme

OK now for the 10.6 MCF for the gas usage:

gas customer charge = 9.50
distribution charge = 22.07
PEM and OPEB surcharge = .76
gas interim rate increase = 4.52
energy optimization surcharge = 1.83
gas cost recovery charge = 77.62
TOTAL = 116.30 plus tax for all of 6.32

SO EMPTY HOME ONE MONTH COST FOR ELECTRIC AND GAS VERY MINIMAL USE = 164.33
ADD ABOUT 30/MONTH FOR SEWER AND WE HAVE CLOSE TO 200/MONTH A LOT FOR AN EMPTY NOT SELLING HOME.


I'm so happy to help consumers make money and happy to support my local corporation. How about you? Time to organize and let business know or time to continue to sit and let it happen to you and everyone else because you are powerless?

No comments: