Aruba

Aruba
aloe factory
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world: indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall--confucius

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." anon

A man is but the product of his thoughts--what he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi


I am only one, but still I am one.
I cannot do everything,
but still I can do something;
and because I cannot do everything,
I will not refuse to do something that I can do. edward everett hale
Doom to you who legislate evil, who make laws that make victims -- laws that make misery for the poor, that rob my destitute people of dignity, exploiting defenseless widows, taking advantage of homeless children. What will you have to say on Judgment Day, when Doomsday arrives out of the blue? Who will you get to help you? What good will your money do you? (Isaiah 10:1-3, The Message)

There is nothing in the world more beautiful than the forest clothed to its very hollows in snow. It is the still ecstasy of nature, wherein every spray, every blade of grass, every spire of reed, every intricacy of twig, is clad w/radiance. william sharp

I think no matter how old or infirm I may become, I will always plant a large garden in the spring. Who can resist the feelings of hope and joy that one gets from participating in nature's rebirth? edward giobbi

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. marcel proust

I am only one, but still I am one.I cannot do everything,but still I can do something;and because I cannot do everything,I will not refuse to do something that I can do. edward everett hale




Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sprint notes

all the following is based on a phone in the pool being replaced with a friend's in June 2010. I questioned bills for July and August since a $1 charge for 500 texts vanished. $ were credited in those months but the real source of the change did not appear until later)

these were included in my letter to Sprint. Also included, a copy of the on line chat i had which led nowhere.


September 8 2010 notes from call


after the near hour with sprint, again this month, we seem to be no nearer to solution than before. the $1 for 500 text messages that josh got in jan for ben when we redid the plan was nullified when the new phone was added in july (randy's phone) because it's not a sprint but nextel phone. the monthly reoccurring 10.99 for ben (9.99 plus the 1) which upped to 18.82 last month, well, maybe that can be 9.99 plus 5 for the old charge of texting but that does not equal 18.82.
but my now supposed “personal rep” is working on it by emailing her supervisor and asking. she did offer me 15.00 off next month but i said well i'd prefer the old plan of $1 charge for texting but i would accept the 15 plus the 1. she may email or perhaps call. any further problems i can directly call her. makes me feel so much better.

asked if the non existing $1, which she said nullified the contract in july and may not be replaceable, also nullified the 2 yr contract set to expire jan of 2012. well, no, because i got $20 off per month through the jan update. offered a "deal", a new plan for about 89.00 per month but since i've been paying about 75 i turned that down. suggested that maybe the 2012 date should really be july of 2011 since the preceding plan, changed by josh in jan, would have expired then. no

she mentioned the credit union offers but said they just had an email the said NO double discounts so she thought we probably shouldn't try that because i might lose the $20 credit that still exists.

**here's the agenda** for 9-8-2010

start at 9:48 with ryan who speaks good english, maybe native

at 9:59 while on hold ryan disappears and is replaced with teresa in the caribbean who i couldn't hear well or understand. asked for a supervisor. shane appears at 10:08. shane says plan is plan. . .he can't be heard or understood well. maybe being able to hear them would have helped. i told him we were ending conversation

tried cell help. first time didn't work. 2nd call at 10:10 i talked to catherine who finally said since it was a special deal her department couldn't handle it but someone else might.

10:19 elizabeth tried to help. she is now my personal rep. she may email or call but not holding my breathe. she suggested i decline to answer the survey phone call if i got one since i would not say i was satisfied that my problem had been fixed. told her it was supposedly fixed by chris in august and the july girl and all the people i called all the times the picture emails were repeatedly removed by the invisible billing fairy

at 10:51 i was nearly finished talking with my friend elizabeth. no follow up survey call yet, no elizabeth call, no email. surprised?

Sept 10, 2010 notes

At 10:44 I talked to Angela in customer care who connected me to Allison. We discussed the $1 vs $5 question about texting price. This offer no long exists and in fact expired for everyone she said. I know people still have this, but my understanding was everyone lost it.

At 11:01 I was transferred to someone “higher up” in account services, David, I believe. This was the first person who said he’d try to recover the $1 offer. No longer available and I probably lost it because the dead phone with the $1 was replaced with the off network Nextel phone. He did offer to take that 1 phone out of the contract period. WHY IS A NEXTEL PHONE NOT ACCEPTABLE? WHY DIDN’T THE JUNE REP SAY IF YOU DO THIS, YOU LOSE THE $1 PLAN?


Sept 19, 2010 notes

Called sprint around 11:53 and spoke to what sounded like “Sagnik”, probably in India. Didn’t ask this time. Extremely hard to hear again. Explained we wanted messaging off 1 phone and transferred to another. On hold while he makes sure it works out. At 12:06 he says it’s taking so long because the 4110 phone is on another network but at 12:09 he says it should be working. Asked if I would reply positively to a survey and told him I couldn’t say that since nothing seems to be done correctly the first time.

Checking on line, account info says messaging for 4653 is on.


September 20, 2010

At around 12:20 pm on Sept 20 a received a phone survey about this experience.

Evening time of same day, Ben checks his phone to see if messaging works. No. NONE of the 3 phones have messaging. All 3 phones say error message 34

At 6:03 I call sprint AGAIN and speak with Chuck in the Philippines. He tries to do yesterday’s change and says for sure it will work in 15 minutes. When asked about survey by Chuck, I still reply I can’t say you solved the problem since I don’t know. He says he will pass me to his supervisor, on hold, and call lost after a few minutes.


Wednesday Sept 22, 2010 notes

In the morning I checked online and saw a $20 fee for a sprint data plus pack for 1 line. What is this for? Called, foreign location and again the connection was poor. This location would not give name of the rep or where she was located. Tried to explain that I did NOT authorize the $20 fee.
At 10:57 I was told this was put on when the $5 was added I guess when that was promised on the 19th (and it did NOT happen. See Sept 20 above)
Again answered I couldn’t say I was helped since I usually have to call in again. Supervisor talked to me at 11:01, Miss Shane. She says there seems to be a problem with “misunderstanding and miscommunication” and also that she cannot tell her location for “protection and security”, a Sprint policy she maintains.
Call ends at 11:09. $20 fee is gone by 11:53.

September 23, 2010 notes

Email arrives to 1 of my addresses telling me that I changed a password which I did. Of the 10 emails I supposedly was sent according to Sprint on line, I received 1, 2, 3, and this one. Reading the copy of the on line chat, notice that Michelle says “I understand the inconvenience however sometimes it is happens due to system issue.” That explains why what is really DONE is not what is stated or promised.

And that no doubt is pervasive in the WHOLE Sprint “service” area.




No comments: